Copyright (c) 2018-2020, Simone Curzi. All rights reserved.
The License (the present document) covers Threats Manager Studio and its Extensions (collectively referred to as “the Software”) provided within the Threats Manager site which can be accessed via the Internet at the URL https://threatsmanager.com and by other means (also referred to as “the Site”). It also covers the information provided, including the Templates, the Examples, the Learning pages, the Troubleshooting pages, and the News articles published (collectively referred to as “the Information”).
This License represents a legally binding contract between Simone Curzi (“the Author”), and every subject adopting the Software or the Site (also referred to as YOU). By adopting the Software or using any Information provided, YOU accept to be bound by the License.
The License does NOT apply to Threats Manager Platform, which is the Open Source engine and SDK used by the Software and distributed via https://github.com/simonec73/threatsmanager. Threats Manager Platform is covered by the MIT License.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS “AS IS” AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
The Software is provided without any specific warranty of supportability or support. Any eventual issue will be treated on a best effort basis, without any guarantee on resolution time or results. By adopting the Software YOU accept those conditions.
YOU ARE GRANTED LIMITED NON-EXCLUSIVE NON-TRANSFERABLE RIGHT TO USE THE SOFTWARE AND THE PROVIDED INFORMATION, AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Granted rights expressly include:
- Install the Software on any Computer YOU want, provided that its owner allows the installation and accepts the License, including the No Warranties Disclaimer.
- Create derived work, including custom Extensions or re-hosting the Threats Manager Platform, under the condition YOU expressly accept the No Warranties Disclaimer.
- Distribute the Software for free, provided that YOU include a copy of the License and make sure the potential user accepts it before installing the Software, and under the condition that you give the potential user the link to the Site.
- Reverse-engineer the Software with the only intent of identifying eventual security vulnerabilities to notify the Author and allow improving the quality of the Software.
YOU are NOT granted the following rights:
- Reverse-engineer the Software for any purpose, with the exception of identifying security vulnerabilities with the intent of notifying the Author to improve the quality of the Software.
- Adopt third-party components and resources, including but not limited to Northwoods GoDiagram library, DotNetBar controls, Syncfusion controls and Incors icons, to produce other Software.
- Provide the Software to a third-party under a different License.
- Misrepresent the origin of the Software or of the Information, for example by stating a different authorship.
The documents produced by YOU with the Software, including the Threat Models and the Templates, are exclusively yours and the Author of the Software has no right over them.
Templates and Examples
The Templates and Examples provided by Third Parties to be published on the Site as part of the Information are property of their respective Authors who retain every right over them.
By submitting Templates and Examples to be published on the Site, their Authors grant the right to Distribute them for free through the Site.
By uploading a Template or an Example, YOU as a Template or Example Author accept to consider the Site and the Software Author as not responsible for how your Templates and Examples are stored or used. YOU also grant everyone who downloads your work the right to adopt it for every use, including commercial, or to create derived works, provided that the origin is not misrepresented.
By downloading a Template or an Example, YOU as a Template or Example Consumer accept to use the Template or Example “As Is”, YOU accept that no warranty is expressed or implied, and YOU accept to consider the Author(s) of the Template or Example and the Author of the Site and of the Software as non-responsible for any damage direct or indirect caused by the Template or the Example itself.
The Software includes telemetry features to allow the author to receive basic usage information and details about the errors occurring within the application.
The information sent by the application, include:
- Date and Time of the event.
- OS version, .NET Runtime version.
- CPU, memory, and other system properties.
- Command-line used to open the software.
- Details of the error, including the message and the call stack.
- Loaded libraries and their version.
- Session duration.
The provided information WILL be used EXCLUSIVELY for troubleshooting, to improve usability and provide a better experience, and WILL NOT be shared with any third party, besides the hosting company for the error tracking platform, Exceptionless.
Even if the errors may include potentially sensitive information as part of the message, the application does NOT intentionally collect any personal information, like the user name, the machine name or the domain name.
Telemetry can be disabled at any time by the user, without limiting in any way Software operations and capabilities.
THE USE OF THE SOFTWARE WITH TELEMETRY ENABLED IMPLIES ACCEPTANCE OF HOW TELEMETRY IS GENERATED BY THE SOFTWARE.
IT ALSO IMPLIES ACCEPTANCE OF HOW TELEMETRY IS USED BY THE OWNER OF THE APPLICATION AND BY ANY THIRD-PARTY SELECTED BY THE OWNER TO PROVIDE THE SERVICE.
The views and conclusions contained in the Software and Information are those of the authors and should not be interpreted as representing official policies, either expressed or implied, of Microsoft Corp. or of any other organization.
Current, past, or future employers of Simone Curzi have no responsibility or liability for the Software or the Site and have no obligation to provide support or any service related to the Software or the Site.