- Introductory Topics
- External Interactor List
The External Interactor List is the list of all External Interactors defined in the Threat Model. It is available from the Home ribbon.
It can be used to work on External Entities in a tabular form, which may be more effective for some use cases, for example when massive editing is required.
The External Interactor List ribbon provides the possibility to:
- Add a new External Interactor: when you click the aptly named button, a new instance is created.
- Remove one or more of the External Interactors selected in the list.
- Open a diagram where the currently selected External Interactor is present, using the Find External Interactor in Diagrams action. If more External Interactors are selected, only the one shown by the Item Editor will be considered.
- Refresh the list, using the aptly named button.
Right below the ribbon, there are the filters: you can both filter the External Interactors containing some text, and also by using some Special Filter, which allows to identify External Interactors which are of a particular interest:
- External Interactors not included in any Diagram.
- External Interactors with no Threat Events.
- External Interactors with Missing Mitigations.
All those filters are pretty self-explanatory.
Tips & Tricks
When you delete an object from a diagram, if you do not use the Remove from Model action from the context menu of the object, it would not be removed from the Threat Model but only from the diagram. The External Interactor List allows to see all External Interactors defined in the Threat Model, including those which have been removed from diagrams.
To further identify them, you can use the Special Filter named External Interactors not included in any Diagram.