The Flow List is the list of all Flows defined in the Threat Model. It is available from the Home ribbon.
It can be used to work on Flows in a tabular form, which may be more effective for some use cases, for example when massive editing is required.
The Flow List ribbon provides the possibility to:
- Add a new Flows: when you click the aptly named button, a new instance is created.
- Remove one or more of the Flows selected in the list.
- Open a diagram where the currently selected Flow is present, using the Find Flow in Diagrams action. If more Flows are selected, only the one shown by the Item Editor will be considered.
- Refresh the list, using the aptly named button.
Right below the ribbon, there are the filters: you can both filter the Flows containing some text, and also by using some Special Filter, which allows to identify Flows which are of a particular interest:
- Flows not included in any Diagram.
- Flows with no Threat Events.
- Flows with Missing Mitigations.
All those filters are pretty self-explanatory.
Tips & Tricks
When you delete an object from a diagram, if you do not use the Remove from Model action from the context menu of the object, it would not be removed from the Threat Model but only from the diagram. The Flow List allows to see all Flows defined in the Threat Model, including those which have been removed from diagrams.
To further identify them, you can use the Special Filter named Flows not included in any Diagram.