The Process List is the list of all Processes defined in the Threat Model. It is available from the Home ribbon.
It can be used to work on Processes in a tabular form, which may be more effective for some use cases, for example when massive editing is required.
The Process List ribbon provides the possibility to:
- Add a new Process: when you click the aptly named button, a new instance is created.
- Remove one or more of the Processes selected in the list.
- Open a diagram where the currently selected Process is present, using the Find Process in Diagrams action. If more Processes are selected, only the one shown by the Item Editor will be considered.
- Refresh the list, using the aptly named button.
Right below the ribbon, there are the filters: you can both filter the Processes containing some text, and also by using some Special Filter, which allows to identify Processes which are of a particular interest:
- Processes not included in any Diagram.
- Processes with no Threat Events.
- Processes with Missing Mitigations.
All those filters are pretty self-explanatory.
Tips & Tricks
When you delete an object from a diagram, if you do not use the Remove from Model action from the context menu of the object, it would not be removed from the Threat Model but only from the diagram. The Process List allows to see all Processes defined in the Threat Model, including those which have been removed from diagrams.
To further identify them, you can use the Special Filter named Processes not included in any Diagram.