The Trust Boundary List is the list of all Trust Boundaries defined in the Threat Model. It is available from the Home ribbon.
It can be used to work on Trust Boundaries in a tabular form, which may be more effective for some use cases, for example when massive editing is required.
The Trust Boundary List ribbon provides the possibility to:
- Add a new Trust Boundaries: when you click the aptly named button, a new instance is created.
- Remove one or more of the Trust Boundaries selected in the list.
- Open a diagram where the currently selected Trust Boundary is present, using the Find Trust Boundary in Diagrams action. If more Trust Boundaries are selected, only the one shown by the Item Editor will be considered.
- Refresh the list, using the aptly named button.
Right below the ribbon, there are the filters: you can both filter the Trust Boundaries containing some text, and also by using some Special Filter, which allows to identify Trust Boundaries which are of a particular interest:
- Trust Boundaries not included in any Diagram.
This filter is pretty self-explanatory.
Tips & Tricks
When you delete an object from a diagram, if you do not use the Remove from Model action from the context menu of the object, it would not be removed from the Threat Model but only from the diagram. The Trust Boundary List allows to see all Trust Boundaries defined in the Threat Model, including those which have been removed from diagrams.
To further identify them, you can use the Special Filter named Trust Boundaries not included in any Diagram.